- GREENSBORO, NC
- RICHMOND, VA
- NORFOLK, VA
- CHARLOTTE, NC
- RALEIGH, NC
- Certification: ICC GENERAL REQUIREMENTS, ICC REINFORCED CONCRETE, ICC STRUCTURAL MASONRY, ICC STRUCTURAL STEEL AND BOLTING, ICC STRUCTURAL WELDING, ICC MASTER OF SPECIAL INSPECTIONS, and AWS-CERTIFIED WELD INSPECTOR (any combination thereof)
- Location: NORFOLK, VA
This position is for a person who has experience with Special Inspections requirements and observations and/or Construction Management capabilities. This position DOES NOT perform any Construction Materials Testing. Is able to read and understand construction documents including drawings, specifications and shop drawings. Performs field observations and inspections of the structural elements of buildings and other structures and produces well written and organized reports. Able to manage and control his/her own schedule to ensure timely services are provided on all assigned projects. Is capable of assisting project team with interpretation or evaluation of field conditions and laboratory reports. This position requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ideally, has certifications which include one or more of the following, ICC General Requirements, ICC Reinforced Concrete, ICC Structural Masonry, and ICC Structural Steel & Bolting.
Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver and execute high quality projects on schedule. The following duties are typical of this position but are not all-encompassing:
• Provides visual site observations and Special Inspections for projects assigned. This position DOES NOT perform any Construction Materials Testing; however, does require extensive knowledge and experience with observation and testing requirements for earthwork, concrete, masonry, steel, and wood construction.
• Takes photographs of relevant conditions in the field to use as documentation for reports.
• Prepares detailed written reports of all observations, any project discrepancies, and documenting collaboration with the Structural Engineer of Record (SEoR) to provide direction for remedial action of discrepancies noted during the field observations.
• May perform shop drawing reviews, inclusive of providing mark ups to the SEoR for review and approval.
• May act as a technical advisor to professional staff during construction phase of projects.
• May assist project engineer during construction, with answering RFIs, interpretation of test results, or contractor change orders, etc.
• May perform constructability reviews of Contract documents.
Limits of Authority:
All major decisions concerning the cost, design, schedule and completion of projects is the responsibility of the Design Project Manager, but Structural Inspector is expected to provide input and make suggestions to the Project Manager on these issues. Usually has significant contact with General Contractors, Subcontractors, and sometimes clients, and may attend construction Owner Architect Contractor meetings.
Relationship to Others:
Works directly for the various project managers and has significant contact with other project team members. May have frequent client contact, if approved by the project manager.
Must have knowledge and experience in Special Inspections requirements and/or Construction Administration.
We strongly support workplace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, company-paid healthcare premiums, company-sponsored socials/events, and professional development opportunities.apply