- GREENSBORO, NC
- RICHMOND, VA
- NORFOLK, VA
- CHARLOTTE, NC
- RALEIGH, NC
- Certification: ENGINEERING IN TRAINING (EI), PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE), CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION / CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, ICC CERTIFICATIONS (ANY COMBINATION THEREOF)
- Location: CHARLOTTE, NC
As a Staff Professional in this office, you will lead a great variety of interesting projects during construction. Working closely with Design staff and Project Managers, you’ll be LM’s Point of Contact during construction for all assigned projects and responsible for a number of tasks, not limited to INTERFACING with clients, owners, and project team members on a daily basis, ENGAGING in all aspects of engineering to bring high quality designs to life during construction, LEADING construction administration activities for submittals, shop drawing reviews, and RFI responses, COLLABORATING with design engineers in the development of practical and economical solutions for field issues during periodic site visits.
Additionally, you will have an opportunity to develop your career and grow with respect to PURSUING client engagement and BD opportunities/events, DEVELOPING proposals, SHARPENING your project management skills, PARTICIPATING in client/project meetings, FOSTERING a culture of fun and excellence. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver and execute high quality projects on schedule.
Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver and execute high quality projects on schedule. The following duties are typical of this position but are not all-encompassing:
• Provides visual site observations and Special Inspections for projects assigned. This position DOES NOT perform any Construction Materials Testing; however, does require extensive knowledge and experience with observation and testing requirements for earthwork, concrete, masonry, steel, and wood construction.
• Takes photographs of relevant conditions in the field to use as documentation for reports.
• Prepares detailed written reports of all observations, any project discrepancies, and documenting collaboration with the Structural Engineer of Record (SEoR) to provide direction for remedial action of discrepancies noted during the field observations.
• May perform shop drawing reviews, inclusive of providing mark ups to the SEoR for review and approval.
• May act as a technical advisor to professional staff during construction phase of projects.
• May assist project engineer during construction, with answering RFIs, interpretation of test results, or contractor change orders, etc.
• May perform constructability reviews of Contract documents.
Limits of Authority:
All major decisions concerning the cost, design, schedule and completion of projects is the responsibility of the Design Project Manager, but Structural Inspector is expected to provide input and make suggestions to the Project Manager on these issues. Usually has significant contact with General Contractors, Subcontractors, and sometimes clients, and may attend construction Owner Architect Contractor meetings.
Relationship to Others:
Works directly for the various project managers and has significant contact with other project team members. May have frequent client contact, if approved by the project manager.
Must have knowledge and experience in Construction Management, Construction Administration, and/or Construction Inspections. More specifically, we are looking for candidates who are:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in the engineering or construction industry.
• Passionate about structural engineering.
• Able to handle multiple competing assignments at once.
• Organized and willing to think outside the box to find the best approach to every challenge.
• Personable and have strong intrapersonal and interpersonal communication skills with both internal and external teams alike.
• Willing to learn and grow in the engineering and construction industry.
• Detail Oriented, meticulous, and can prepare thorough reports, as well as review outside consultant’s submittals, reports, and shop drawings.
We strongly support workplace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, company-paid healthcare premiums, company-sponsored socials/events, and professional development opportunities.apply