- GREENSBORO, NC
- NORFOLK, VA
- CHARLOTTE, NC
- RICHMOND, VA
- RALEIGH, NC
- Certification: Master of Special Inspections, ICC Masonry, ICC Steel Reinforcement, ACI Level II or Concrete Construction, AWS Certified Weld Inspector
- Location: CHARLOTTE, NC
- Job Status: Non-Exempt
This position is for a person with a technical background in construction materials, methods testing and requirements. Is able to read and understand construction documents including drawings, specifications and shop drawings. Performs field observations and inspections of the structural elements of buildings and other structures and produces well written and organized reports. Able to manage and control his/her own schedule to ensure timely services are provided on all assigned projects. Is capable of assisting project team with interpretation or evaluation of field conditions and laboratory reports. This person may also be capable of performing various non-destructive tests and has surveying capabilities. This position requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Ideally, has certifications which include one or more of the following, Master of Special Inspections, ICC Masonry, ICC Steel Reinforcement, ACI Level II or Concrete Construction, AWS Certificate Weld Inspector
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver quality products on schedule.
• Provides site observation and Special Inspections for projects assigned. This requires knowledge and experience with all types of earthwork, concrete, masonry, steel, and wood construction.
• Takes photographs of relevant conditions in the field to use as documentation for reports.
• Prepares detailed written reports, opinions and direction for remedial action of discrepancies noted during the field observations and inspections for the approval of the project engineer and distributes to stakeholders.
• Reviews and marks up shop drawings for review and approval of the Project Manager.
• May act as a technical advisor to professional staff during construction phase of projects.
• May assist project engineer during construction, with answering RFIs, interpretation of test results, or contractor change orders, etc.
• May perform constructability reviews of Contract documents.
Limits of Authority:
All major decisions concerning the cost, design, schedule and completion of projects is the responsibility of the project manager, but structural inspector is expected to provide input and make suggestions to the project manager on these issues. Usually has significant contact with General Contractors, SubContractors and sometimes clients, and may attend construction Owner Architect Contractor meetings.
Relationship to Others:
Works directly for the various project managers, and has significant contact with other project team members. May have frequent client contact, if approved by the project manager.
Must have knowledge and experience in construction means and methods, materials testing, and contractual requirements.
We strongly support workplace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, plus company sponsored socials and professional development opportunities.apply