- RALEIGH, NC
- RICHMOND, VA
- NORFOLK, VA
- Degree Required: Masters Prefered
- Certification: PE, SE
- Experience: 15+ years
- Location: CORPORATE
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Status: Exempt
• The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing.
• Make high quality decisions to advance the business.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the Managing Directors of each office.
• Lead leadership to encourage maximum performance and dedication in quality control, production and workload management.
• Leads program to ensure well balanced and technically trained employees.
• Works closely with leadership to develop effecting training plans to retain quality talent.
• Works closely with leaders to evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting KPI’s and metrics.
• Oversees risk profile while ensuring all regulatory obligations are met.
• Ensures the timely submission of month end operational reviews.
• Communicates circumstances in events of operations to leadership and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
• Effectively manages contract negotiations and statutory compliance. Reviewing contracts, making sure we have licenses in all states we work in. Make sure all of our certifications are up to date.
• Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Creates new processes and procedure to improve overall company performance
• Oversee crisis management and monitor on-going risk management activities.
• Leads leaders to encourage maximum performance and dedication for QAQC, Production, Project Financial Management and Deliverables.
• Oversees all operations and business activities to ensure the team produces the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
• Reviews legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
• Limits of Authority:
• Accountable to the CEO. Has complete authority to make decisions regarding technical issues, personnel and quality control matters. Oversees the operations of the organization. Works closely with the Managing Directors. Decisions and actions shall be guided by and in concert with the strategic plan of the company and direction of the CEO.
Relationship to Others:
Works directly with the CEO, Managing Directors and CTO.
Has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering (structures option), and usually has a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering or Engineering Management. Currently registered in one or more states, has 15 or more years’ experience in structural engineering, and is an active participant in one or more national structural engineering organization. Has received formal training in leadership development and risk management. Has day to day responsibility for the performance of the firm.
We strongly support workplace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, plus company sponsored socials and professional development opportunities.apply