- Degree Required: Preferred, not required
- Certification: N/A
- Experience: 7-10 Years
- Location: RALEIGH, NC
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Status: Immediate
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development/Marketing Director to join our growing team! The role is integral in deepening Lynch Mykins’ client relationships and driving our financial success. This is a management role and oversees a small team. The right person will have AEC industry experience, the proven ability to develop and activate relationships, a keen eye for branding, incredibly high production standards and a flair for marketing.
- Establish & lead sales efforts for the entire firm
- Collaborate with each Managing Director and team to identify, pursue, and win work for each office
- Develop and manage annual business development (BD) and marketing budget and goals with the Managing Directors and leadership team
- Screen and target clients to increase pursuit success (hit rate)
- Manage the proposal process to produce winning proposals
- Develop a BD plan for each office to balance growth and profit, while being responsive to market dynamics
- Proactively drive and participate in pursuits, including holding regular BD meetings
- Serve as the administrator for our CRM System, ensuring data stays up-to-date and that it serves the company goals
- Coach and mentor Managing Directors, Project Managers, and technical staff on how to win work
- Make honest and good go/no-go & risk assessment decisions
- Identify “Clients for Life” and lead client management plans for each client
- Connect with clients during business hours and key after-hour events as an ambassador for Lynch Mykins
- Implement current and develop future marketing plans for the firm
- Establish & assess BD and marketing opportunities such as events, memberships, awards, etc.
- Maintain and evolve the Lynch Mykins brand. Everything we do must be on-brand, on-tone and with the highest production value. No exceptions.
- Other areas of oversight:
- Online presence (i.e. social media, website, etc)
- Event planning (i.e. conferences, client events, etc)
- Brand collateral/communication pieces
- Employee communications
- Strategy is second nature. You love it, you breathe it, you practically do it in your sleep.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset—you’re comfortable with high risk/high reward and want to be a part of the growth story.
- You’re a visionary. You can see the big picture and know how to communicate it clearly to all members of the team.
- A love of BD as much as a love of marketing. See, at Lynch Mykins, we all do Business Development. You understand these are joined at the hip and inseparable.
- You have a competitive spirit and a drive to win, but you’re not looking to be the star. You’re a team player and know how to leverage the strengths of those around you for a collective win.
- Optimism, resilience, and perseverance are your driving force. There are no setbacks, just opportunities for growth.
- You have a unique ability to influence and drive change through challenges and resistance to accomplish impossible goals.
- You know how to take a deal from prospect to close and know how to articulate the process to others. You’re a teacher and love passing on the tricks of the trade.
- A should-to-shoulder mindset—rolling up your sleeves to support the team wherever they need you
- You’re decisive based on the information at hand, seeking to move smartly and swiftly forward.
- Willingness to go above and beyond. Last minute projects always happen at inconvenient times—count you in!
7-10 years of experience, AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) industry strongly preferred
B.A. in business administration, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
Experience working with CRM systems
Proven management skills, able to lead, coach and grow a team
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, manage time well, and be decisive
Strong communication and writing skills
Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office—overall IT fluency a plus
Strong interpersonal, people and leadership skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain long-term relationships
We strongly support workplace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, plus company sponsored socials and professional development opportunities.apply